Mexico, Mexico City South - Spanish Speaking

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Choosing to be happy and knowing where your blessings come from


Hahaha. Your emails kill me... dad had ten comps?... 2, 3, then 2. That is 7... or am I just bad at math? 

So glad the ward fasted for the family this week and now that makes so much sense to me now. It was a rough week, but by Saturday everything changed. I received many blessings because of that fast. THANKS. 

I sure hope Zach keeps getting better. I will be sure to keep him in my prayers. I love you brother! Stay strong. I will see you sooooon! 2 months and a week. Yikes. But how exciting that we will get to hang out soon!

I am in shock that everyone is home. Hillary, Nate on Thursday. But now I am leaving that shock and getting used to it. It is starting to feel like “that time”, even though it hurts. All I can do is keeping working till the end. 

My new comp is a funny guy. Always happy and laughing and it drives me a little bit insane, but I can either look at it as a blessing or not. I do like him a lot, and I am learning much from him. He is super white and from California. We have a Zone Training that we have to give tomorrow. Woohoo. This should be the last one that I give as a Zone Leader. The Pres doesn’t leave missionaries as Zone leaders in their last change in the mission. So yeah. Lots of changes will be coming up.

I am loving this area. I love my assignment. I love my Bishop. I love my zone. I am very happy in my circumstances. Even though this week proved to be a weee bit of a challenge, I learned so much and am now able to testify more of the Atonement in my life. 

Our investigators are doing fantastic. M. A. is an addict to about every little thing you can think of. No joke. And because of his many addictions and life style he used to have, he stopped feeling bad about his sins. We were able to find out that need this week. I had no idea until one lesson that Elder G. and I had with him (exchanges). So now we are trying to make him feel bad... in a very loving way. Haha. We started with making new GOOD habits. Our habits can either be our best friends, or our worst enemies. So we told him to start getting rid of his bad habits and that he needed to change them for good ones. He has read everyday this past week in the Book of Mormon. And when we saw him yesterday, he hasn’t had any more desires to do what he used to.... He used to feel sad about leaving his sins behind. But now they are starting to make him feel sick and useless.... KA-CHING. He has been with the missionaries for a year, and just now he made huge progress. Hopefully he gets baptized on the 29th of this month...! 

G. and D. are the ones that were going to get baptized this week but now that we have a Stake Conference on Sunday we are going to wait a whole other week so that they can be baptized and confirmed on the same weekend. But they are fantastic. Seriously. We taught them about temples and the work we do for the dead this week and G. started shouting for joy... literally. It was like taking a child to Disneyland. It made me so happy to be able to be part of that lesson. She is so prepared. So elect. Yesterday we invited her to the Bishop’s house for a family home evening that just turned into a mission lesson... But she is awesome. She said that when she is in the metro she just starts feeling so weird inside and she wants to starting grabbing and hugging everyone to bring them to church with her. She is honestly so close to the spirit. She invited her uncle and he is going to get baptized with them toooo! And D. invited her boyfriend, and he went to church and LOVED IT. He is so getting baptized next month. This work is moving forward.

Some of our new converts and investigators went on vacation,.... ugh. So we haven’t seen them.

C. is the lady that had her family get baptized recently, but she is still waiting for her smoking problem. She is FINALLY DROPPING IT. Right now she has 3 days without a cigarette. WHAT?! She went to church and all day the speakers and classes were exactly what she needed. She starting laughing and crying because she thought it was a practical joke. She also has so many other health issues, and she starting reading that smoking is what has caused all of her other illnesses. So basically she is angry at the cigarettes and they are making her gag. So that was the miracle we were praying for. She is getting INTO the water soon. So happy. The Bishop came with us to visit her this week and she felt so special. YES.

Our Bishop is my biggest role model. He is the best Bishop ever. He truly loves the Savior. He is working day in and day out to provide for his family in hard economic times. But he still finds time to teach seminary every day at 5:30am, come with the missionaries on visits every week, go to school to finish his career as a lawyer, teach English classes on Wednesday, teach the BEST GOSPEL PRINCIPLES CLASS IN THE WORLD (it is full every week) and so many other things. He is a workaholic. I am so grateful for the things he is teaching me - Such a good man. And his son is named Mateo and he is the cutest 3 year old you every did see in Mexico. He goes to church every Sunday in a bow tie. Hahaha So classy. So those are things I learned this week.

We found some less actives that are mad at old Bishops. But they came to church! SUCCESS.

This week I was better in my health.... but then I got food poisoning and have had lots of diarrhea. Hahaha. I am just not worrying about it. I just accept it and will get home in 2 months to start taking my vitamins again. I won’t die. I am just used to being sick. But I do feel a lot better right now. 

Oh my. I am afraid for my dentist appointment. My teeth have got to be dirty. I brush everyday like 3 times. But, I stopped flossing.  uhhhh. 

I am happy. We are working hard and seeing results. The L.’s are going to celebrate my birthday a month early on December 2nd because of the changes..... HAHAHA THEY ARE THE BEST. The people here are honestly angels - All of them. I love them all. 

We are teaching lots of other people but those were basically the highlights of the week. Hope you all have a fantastic week. Tell Nate I say HIIIII. Love you all.

BAIIIIYEYEYYE
CON AMOR,
ELDER MACDONALD


No comments:

Post a Comment