Mexico, Mexico City South - Spanish Speaking

Monday, January 19, 2015

He is full of happiness and love and saw many miracles

Ah man I’m a big crybaby. Yesterday I had my last interview with the President. He asked me to say the prayer. So I started saying the prayer and began to bawl... haha. He asked me what my mission had meant for me and what I had learned. I couldn’t really describe with my own words what it has meant for me... so we read some special scriptures that explain exactly what my mission has been for me.

Alma 26: 27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

 28 And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world—not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God.
 29 And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been stoned, and taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again.
 30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.
 31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.
I know with all my heart that this mission has been hard, but it has also produced so much happiness in my life. I have learned SO MUCH. And I think most importantly I have gained a stronger testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. All the success is credited to Him, and His mercy for me, an imperfect servant. I have passed through so much in these two years. And the only thing that kept me going and that taught me how to have success was the love I could develop for these people. When I think of their faces and their testimonies I am just full of happiness! haha I am crying. crap. Just like Ammon was teaching us here.... I can look forward, backward, and all around and see the fruits of MY labor. And I know that my fruits have been sincere and accepted because of the love I have had toward my brethren! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. And that’s why I am sad. I will miss them. I have helped build and establish Zion in this part of the Lord’s vineyard.

An example. When I got to this area I prayed with all my heart to see a couple that I love SO MUCH from Topilejo. But Topilejo is super far and it was basically impossible.... They were converts before I even got there for about a year, but that didn’t matter. I grew to love them. They taught me what true humility is. They taught me HOW and WHY we keep the Sabbath day holy. And they taught me that service brings forth many blessings.. etc etc. Ah. And so I was praying to miraculously see them.... Well the weeks passed by and I didn’t see them... I saw 2 other investigators that I taught in Topilejo! haha And it was a really nice blessing to see them and share my testimony with them once more.... And since I saw them, I kept the faith KNOWING that I would somehow run into them. On my last Saturday we got into a bus to go help other missionaries with an optional service project... and someone tapped my shoulder.... and it was P. AND R. Hahahahaha I was basically yelling and screaming with joy when I saw them. Everyone in the bus was freaking out. I KNEW that God had heard and answered my prayers because of the faith I had. Due to time...I was only able to tell them how much I loved them and asked for their info to find them on FB. They commented to me that this was an answer to their prayers to see me one last time before I went home.... Hahha And so I was crying and so happy. And then they had to leave. It was a miracle and it wasn’t the only one. I have lived and seen so many miracles. And I know that through my faith in the Savior, and through my love for these people, they were able to occur in my life. I love them just as I love you all, my family.

The last baptism of my mission was ideal. It was perfect. With last minute issues to resolve, but I mean that comes in the fine print. So I was prepared. It was super spiritual and the water was SMOKING HOT. I almost couldn’t go in. It was a hot tub. Hahaha. ooops. But the testimonies were sincere and comforting. R. is now a member of the true church of Jesus Christ and she is more determined than anyone I know to endure to the end and share this message with everyone, no matter how many times they reject her!

I worked until the end. I have learned how to endure. I couldn’t have asked for a better mission. It was a perfect mission. And it has been completed, but it hasn’t ended. I loved it and will always cherish it. And now I get to see you people!!! WOW I love you all so much. Thank you for supporting me in my times of despair and difficulty. I know it hasn’t been easy for you, but I hope you have been able to learn along with me. I am now at a loss of words. Haha.... See you on Wednesday. :)

Con TANTISMO AMOR Y MAS,
Elder Macdonald, si, como las hamburguesas...


food.
BAPTISM

It was a great baptism!







selfies


I LOVE THEM. IT WAS A TRUE MIRACLE

Last report





No comments:

Post a Comment