Mexico, Mexico City South - Spanish Speaking

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Estoy en Mexico!





Hey family!!

First off... I am in Mexico. WOOOHOOO. The flight was great. It was not crowded at all. Elder W. talked to a guy the whole time who was super interested in what he had to say, and he is in our mission! Super cool, huh? Umm. The part of the city where our mission home is, etc, is so beautiful. Crazy colorful homes, trees everywhere, and the weather is great right now. I heard the rainy season starts soon.  So yeah, I LOVE IT. I am extremely exhausted. I've probably slept a total of 3 or 4 hours. Elder B., Elder G., Elder W. and I met our secretaries at the airport, then we got food. It was Sabarros pizza. Super authentic, I know. Then we dropped our stuff at the secretary house. It is super nice and very yellow. Haha. I am terrified to drink water here. Apparently some guy had a worm in him for 6 months. It died and came out of his nose. Oh, and it was 15 feet long. ODISHGORETN- not okay. But the water thing here is under control. So no worries. We just have 6 gallon tanks in our homes and only drink from bottled water. Esta bien. So I am in the mission home right now. Just send mail here or email me. That is the most efficient way. You can also send pouch mail. It goes through SLC... idk how it all works. Probs just email me. P-Day is on Monday so be watching for that. No se que tiempo. The missionaries here that trained us today, (went through rules and other stuff) are super nice. I get my companion tomorrow morning! I think he is a native, but I am not sure. Also, idk what area I'll be in, pero I think it is in the concentrated part of the city. The people here are so friendly. I love them already. 

I can already tell that I will miss the MTC, being taught every day, and having the spirit so easily accessed. But I am excited to work hard and do my best!! (Elder M. says hi - he is watching over my shoulder so I did it.) I just got an email of encouragement from Hermana Parry. I can tell she is doing great. Ummmm what else. So yeah. We are getting amazing tacos tonight, and then I will sleep in the big yellow house. WOOHOO. Then in the morning I get my comp at 8 or something. So that is exciting! My mission president seems sooo nice. But he hardly has had a chance to talk with us. I have an interview with him after I am done emailing y'all. I am going to try and send pictures and what not. 

I love you all and thank you for your prayers. I loved talking to you on the phone. I am going to try and stay positive even when it is hard. AND I am going to try to not get sick. Sooo. Yeah. Thats cool. Hasta lunes!

Con amor, 
Elder Macdonald


Sis. Eyring

Elder Superman?




The travelers have arrived - and so it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment