Mexico, Mexico City South - Spanish Speaking

Monday, December 22, 2014

Christ is la Navidad, #heisthegift

MERRY CHRISTMAS FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

So that’s funny that I told you I wasn’t going to write today so you guys didn’t write me, but then my President was like “hey you all can write today” and so I get on and realize no one loves me. (FYI – I have written this boy every week for 2 years…from Liz)  It’s okay. I mean, it’s just so that I can learn to not depend on others, that’s all. No one remembers me on Christmas, but that’s okay.

Haha this week we found 13 new investigators. Ugh. Talk about a lot of talking and talking and talking. I was tired of it but I also LOVED IT. Because 11 investigators went to the Christmas dinner. WAHHOOO. It was a blast. Haha. But then only 1 of those 11 went to church. How adorable. Typical. I’m  used to it. I am prepared for this. hahaha.

I was pretty worried because R. couldn’t go because she had to take care of her mom. But her fecha (date) is exactly in 4 weeks.... Soooo we are worried. But we are convinced that if she goes the next three weeks, she will get baptized. She is still super chosen. We saw her after the services in the afternoon and we taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She got super excited to put her faith into practice by having good works and reading her scriptures every day. She was like.... “I am going to try my best, no actually... I am going to DO it”. She is super driven and such a chosen spirit of God. She has been so prepared for this moment. I really hope I can be here when she gets baptized. Pray that R. can get baptized on January 17th and confirmed on January 18th!

The other people we found need more time. They aren’t the jump the gun type of investigator. We are still looking for the elect. But the families are nice that we found. It is just hard to teach them because they need the explanation like 20 times before understanding it. And one of the 14-year-old girls really is strange. I asked her what she imagines the Holy Ghost to be like... And she responded.... I think the Holy Ghost is an animal. ....what? And that God is a sphere of light. And again... what? And then I would ask her other questions and she just responds so strangely and weird that I just don’t have patience because I feel like she is just wanting attention and so it kind of drives away the spirit. And then if one person says yes... the other 10 say yes.... and if one says no... the other 10 say no. So it’s just a difficult situation. But at least we have people to teach! We should always look to the good in every situation. Haha. lol.

The members are helping us a lot. They get super excited when they see an investigator and they are so good at fellowshipping them. And that is something that all wards DO NOT have. So that is a huge plus. Our Bishop is funny. I still kind of don’t know him very well. But we are getting there.

Our ward Christmas dinner was nice. But the investigators liked it and enjoy the piñatas and dinner after the Devotional. 11 people went. I was like WOOOOAAAAH. Some of them were friends or family of the investigators. But still. That’s AWESOME. So that was definitely the highlight of my week.

We had our Zone conference. It was hilarious. My District acted out how the Grinch stole Christmas in 5 minutes. haha it was super inspired and funny. And the other Districts all had super good acts too! aha I was shocked because last year was so bad that I even felt uncomfortable watching the skits. Hahahhaa. It was an achievement. The food was yummy. Then we played sports. I played volleyball and my arms got sore from moving in directions that they have never moved before. Because we can’t play sports in my mission except for this day. So basically everyone went all out and died at the end. The fun thing was that we got to go to Iztacalco! I loved it. Hahah.

I have been super calm about the whole last transfer thing. But then later on comes bipolarity and I get really sad. Hahaha. Uh oh. I said good-bye to lots of my good friends on the mission in the Zone Conference. I have been so blessed to have so many great comps and friends on the mission.

Well this week is Christmas. I will Skype you on the 25th at like 12:30-1:00.

Our house is decked out with Christmas lights and a little Christmas tree. We decorated it. And this week we are going to do secret Santa with the sisters and white elephant with the District. So we should enjoy giving and receiving presents. Haha maybe I will give them frankincense.

This week I love to remember that Christ is la Navidad. HE is the Gift that our Father has given to all of His Children so that we would have a way back to his presence. His Atonement can and will carry us whenever we need it to accomplish great and hard tasks. I love Him and His gospel!

LOVE YOU ALL. ENJOY YOUR WONDERFUL DAY AND WEEK AND SHARE "HE IS THE GIFT" ON YOUR FACEBOOKS BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT YOU SHOULD OF DONE ALREADY, BUT IF YOU HAVEN’T YOU CAN DO IT NOW  -I WILL GIVE YOU A SECOND CHANCE. Love you!!!

Con Amor,
Elder Macdonald


Putting up the Christmas tree



and the lights

our house

the acts that the missionaries did


that's the President and his wife. hahaha LOL

saying goodbye to some of my favorite missionaries



children singing

No comments:

Post a Comment