Mexico, Mexico City South - Spanish Speaking

Monday, December 15, 2014

Finding the elect, the Lord is aware of us, and baby it's cold outside.

Well, Buenos Dias my family and friends.

I am living right next door to the ESTADIO AZTECA. It is a very big stadium where they have huge soccer games every week and it gets quite hectic here - Let’s just put it that way. We live in the ghhhheeehhheeettttttttooo. I walk by marijuana puff clouds every day. It’s scrumpshis. Mmmhhmmm. But, my area is super nice in some parts. We have Sister Missionaries in our ward that work with us. We have the most beautiful outlet mall I have ever seen in my life. It has CPK and PF CHANGS, along with other American luxuries. I feel like I am in the US. IT’S ridiculous. But it’s fun. We want to go Christmas caroling in there. Pretty sure they will kill us. But it’s chill. 

So yeah. My comp just finished his training. He is a very good missionary from good ole' Wyoming. Haha. Such a cowboy. He is very laid back and willing to work. So everything is working out great.

I am just a normal senior comp. My District Leader is the one and only Elder Y.! haha woohooo. It is his first time being a District Leader, so I will be able to help him out a bit! It’ll be a good time. 

The members here are great. We live right next to the church! All of the members are basically returned missionaries, and they are couples. Haha. But this ward hasn’t baptized in forever. And we don’t understand why. All of our investigators are well, pretty much crappy. They aren’t progressing. So we were contacting a butt load this week to be able to find at least ONE of the "elect". Saturday night, we found her. She is a friend of a member from another ward. She already has a Book of Mormon and has been reading it. She said she already knows that the church is true! She is such a nice girl. Haha she reminds me of Lisa dingdong, but in Mexican version. Haha. She is a spiritual GIANT. So chosen. She accepted to be baptized on January 17th. Ahhhhh - My last baptism. So we are going to work super hard to help her. 

I know that the Lord is aware of our situations. He knows WHO is prepared, and who isn’t. But he lets us take part in this work to learn how to be humbled and work diligently. And then, when he feels it is right, he hands us over the people HE is preparing. That is what happened to us. We keep working hard, but all of our hard work doesn’t really do much, just because we don’t know WHO. But once again, he shows us who and trusts us with His beloved children. 

We are just going to keep working suuuuper duuuuuper hard to get this area pumpin again. I want to leave it with lots of people that can truly progress. I am not into leaving areas dead. My last five weeks are going to be full of fun and hard work. I am surrounded by wonderful missionaries. Hahaha. I have never worked with sister missionaries.... hahaha yikes. They are something else. Just kidding. Great missionaries. It is super fun. We eat lots of good food too, in this area. yummm.. 

Our house is small, but it’s fine. Elder G. served here last year during Christmas. Haha. I feel like Christmas is already over. What’s that all about?

Okay, funny story.

So I called the secretary to tell him that I need my blankets because I am FREEZING at night. And so he gets all Hitler on me and was like HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE?.... And I was like... two. And I want 3 more because I am really COLD. And he was like. No. 2 per missionary in every house. And so I told him. I AM COLD. WHY CAN’T YOU GIVE ME BLANKETS... but he didn’t budge. Okay. So I threatened him... and said... So I am going to call the President and tell him that I am cold at night but that the secretaries won’t give me more blankets. And I was thinking that the threat would make him budge. but... NOTHING. And so I had to call the President. It was ridiculous. I was like... President, they won’t give me more blankets unless you give them permission to give me more than 2 blankets... and he started cracking up. Hahaha And apparently I was on speaker phone because I hear his wife yell... "Elder Macdonald, needs some blankets”. It was hilarious. And they just started crackin’ jokes about how he needed to be in the military. And so he called the silly elder and got me more blankets. It was stupid. It made me laugh.

Anyways... I love you all so much! Next Monday I won’t write you guys. Until the 25th! bai bai bai!

Con amor,
Elder Macdonald
more goodbyes






My new area is in the center of our mission. We have views of all of my old areas. Wahooo



We had to get home early of the Day of the Virgin, so we ordered cheap Mexican pizza.... and watched church movies.
Add caption
Add caption
Dairy Queen
The urinals...with pictures of girls staring at you. lol...creepy
I felt like I was at a quidditch game

we painted



birthday girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment