Mexico, Mexico City South - Spanish Speaking

Monday, June 23, 2014

He's not moving, futbol is everywhere, #missionarylife

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAALLL

That is all I hear.

Everyone is watching futbol (soccer) and if Mexico loses the World Cup I think we might be in serious danger. Mexicans sure do love their soccer. Haha. I will buy a jersey when they aren’t so expensive for being soccer season.

SO the changes are tomorrow, they told us yesterday... and I AM STAYING. Wooohoo. I am actually pretty happy. The ward is doing a lot better. My comp and I are getting along well. And we are going to have at LEAST 2 baptisms because it just is true and has to be true. 

My District has lots of changes Zone Leaders were changed - Lots of changes. It should be a good transfer. 

But anyway, the work of salvation is going super well. We have a new investigator named A. L. She is a newlywed to an RM and she is literally the PERFECT investigator. She actually reads, and when she reads, she understands. She is so smart and so fun to teach. She is sooo super excited to get baptized on JULY 12th. Hollar. Super stoked for that. And she comes to church every week.  We basically don’t even need to teach her cause she is so good. Hopefully she gets called as the RS president when she is baptized. She and her husband are such newlyweds and it’s gross. But I LOVE THEM AND AM SOO STOKED. One year, and they will be sealed. Yaaaa.

R. M. came to church even though she was on vacation all week. She is perfect too. The Lord has prepared her so much. She will make great contributions to the ward when she is baptized. Although, she is afraid to be baptized because she is afraid of the water. hahah. Uhhh well that sucks. Hopefully she learns how to swim and soon.

A. G. is the daughter of a less active member who is NOW ACTIVE. And A. is really doing well. She is progressing and finally came to church. We passed by their house. She was a good sport and went early and stayed for all the three hours. Haha. She made great comments and felt the Spirit. I KNOW IT. She can’t tell me she didn’t. 

Those are the progressing people.

We have other investigators that aren’t progressing because they don’t go to church. I don’t know how to get them there. 

We met an old investigator. He was super drunk and he started balling his eyes out when he saw us. We went to his house and started teaching something. It seemed to have affected him. But the next day he wasn’t at the appointment we set up. So he probably didn’t really listen to or remember anything. But the Spirit was strong in that lesson. I am almost sure he felt something. I just hope he can remember it. 

G. is doing super well.. She is progressing A LOT - understanding so much better. I feel like I said the same thing last week. But anyway, I am super happy for her.

Lots of less active families are going to church. It is great to see the fruits of our labors. Just gotta be consistent in helping them be consistent. 

Omg. I went with my ZL on intercambios to find some reference and we literally went to Hollywood and back. It is the nicest part of Mexico City. These people are so dang rich. If you ever want to feel like white trash, you know where to go. So we found the reference's house and we had to persuade the police officer security guard that the man that lived in this house really knew us and wanted to talk to us. And so then he went to the gate and did a secret knock and whistle and out came more police officers..... And then they were like “uhhhh what do you want?”... and we were like “please just let us talk to the very rich man that owns this house”. And apparently he was showering. Hahaha so then we ended up talking to the police officers and wrote down their addresses so that they can talk to the missionaries in their house. hashtagmissionarylife. When the man finished showering he talked to us through a speaker camera thing and was like.... “WHO ARE YOU??”. Hahahhahahahahahh ROFL. I was like “seriuosly..???. WE CAME ALL THIS WAY TO GIVE YOU A BOOK OF MORMON AND YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHO WE ARE...?!?!?!?!” So then he was like.... "yeah, that was like 5 months ago when we talked... I forgot." and we were like “uhh aw - sorry for coming so late”. (thanks other missionaries for not contacting him before....) And he was not interested at all but told us to come back the next week and he gave us free water bottles. It was super funny. I love rich people...

We are teaching members lessons and then asking them what names came to their mind as we were teaching them this lesson. It is a great way to invite the spirit to tell us WHO might be ready for this message, or WHO might be a connection to find someone who is ready for this message. It has helped a lot. Members are actually giving us names of people to teach. WEIRD. Haha I hope you, family and friends, are giving names to the missionaries. Just keep giving names and new names. You won’t lose anything by trying. In fact, you will receive much more blessings in return. This message is TRUE. Share it with everyone. 

I hope your week is fantastic. I am super jealous of your summer vacations. Take pics and videos. Haha. It'll be super good. I love you all so much. Enjoy resting. 

Con Amor, 
Elder Macdonald

Super yummy tropical mango that tastes like pineapple. 


city shots 

super rich area

super cool Catholic Church in the rich part of Mexico


EVERYONE IS WATCHING FUTBOL AND SHOUTING GOOOAAALLLL



Eating gorditas de chicharron


companion jumping in my picture. thanks dude: ) 

This bike path goes all the way to Topilejo.  I have pictures of it in my Topilejo time.


No comments:

Post a Comment