Mexico, Mexico City South - Spanish Speaking

Monday, August 4, 2014

Changes, perspective, charity, and a positive attitude

Ughh. Ironic topic father... you DID give me horrible sinuses. I AM SO SICK AND MISERABLE. The past two nights I haven’t slept and my comp hates me because I sound like an elephant blowing my noise. Poor guy probably didn’t sleep either. It is raining super hard right now and I think I will get wet. More sickness. yaaay. (In Eric’s letter he had complained to Matt about his sinuses.)

SO I got changed. But I don’t even know where or what I will be doing. And so I had to pack all day, and it was pretty miserable being sick. Lovin it. Also, the President is being super silly and NOT TELLING US WHERE WE ARE GOING UNTIL WE GET TO THE STAKE CENTER, tomorrow morning... That is a rather dumb idea if you ask me. Apparently he is doing it so we can keep focusing on missionary work between the changes. But I still don’t like the idea. It just makes me even more stressed, the worry and stress of NOT KNOWING, but it’s whatever. I have finally come to know that change is a good thing, and it always happens for a reason. And I just need to enjoy every minute of the mission WHERE EVER I AM. Why? Because these past two changes (three months) in Aculco have been fantastic.

I remember getting here and being so mad because everyone was just so mean and annoying and grumpy about the ward problems. And I didn’t even have the pleasure to KNOW ANYONE yet, in that moment. But then, as the days and weeks passed, I realized that the ward is fantastic, the Bishop is a great man, and the area had SO MUCH POTENTIAL. This area hadn’t baptized (according to the Bishop) in 12 months. We baptized 4 new converts in the past two months. And I know it is not because the missionaries here were so good. It honestly just has to do with perspective. If we keep a positive attitude throughout trials and doubts, our faith will bring to pass miracles. 

We had two more baptisms this past week. A. and A. L. Honestly the Lord has so much in store. We just needed to be more positive, and trust in HIM to be able to see these great plans. The 4 new sisters that have been baptized are 4 sisters with GREAT capacity to learn, teach, serve, and help. The Bishop had a small meeting with the new converts and us missionaries in his office this Sunday. He said he wants a new generation of members that are WILLING to work and serve with excitement. That made the new converts so happy and excited to work. He even assigned them, all 4, to give talks next week about missionary work and THEIR conversion. He also invited them to prepare a special musical number. NO ONE DOES SPECIAL MUSICAL NUMBERS IN MEXICO. But we did one at every baptism, so they all caught the wave and want to invite the spirit to the sacrament meeting in a new way. And to top it all off, they are all in a new class to learn about the temples and family history. Seriously. This past Sunday was a gem. It was perfect. It was even a fast and testimony Sunday... and I totally forgot that every time that happens, I get changed. I was seriously so excited to help them with the song and their talks. I was so excited to see them get callings in the ward. I was so excited to see them change the outlook on the ward, because that is what they are doing. Sadly, I won’t get to see it all... But I am going to hope that it all goes according to plan. haha.

It has been a fantastic past two changes. I have learned to love people in their imperfections. And I have learned to love myself in my imperfections and know how to change them. As Pres. Uchtdorf said in the last conference about an attitude of gratitude, it is EVERYTHING. 

I don’t know where the Lord has sent me. But I sure hope to still be happy and positive. I know I am going to miss these wonderful people. But I am so blessed to know that soon, through technology, I will be able to communicate with them. 

Before A’s baptism, and after her interview, on Friday, we didn’t have time to see her. We were FULL with new citas. And obviously God wasn’t okay with that. That WHOLE day, He went and canceled all of our citas so that we had time to see A. Good thing too, because she was on her way to a party where she probably would have been tempted to smoke and drink. But right when she saw us, she knew that she couldn’t go. We talked about the Anti-Nephi-Lehites and their story of repentance. We talked about HOW they understood that it wasn’t worth the time or energy to fall back into their same sins AFTER making a covenant with God. We explained to her that the covenant isn’t made in the waters of baptism, but rather, it is made in the interview, when she testified before someone that she was willing and ready. It was a really great experience. I know that the Lord guides our every foot step. He is in charge. 

The baptism was great. A. L. invited her family! They loved it and even cried when she was baptized. The missionaries will be working with her family soon enough. A. cried giving her testimony and LOVED the feelings that she was feeling. Everyone that was there, FELT something fantastic. 

I am sad that I don’t get to work another 6 weeks here, helping these fantastic new converts rise to the challenge. I know God put them here for a reason. The ward is becoming something better. God is molding them. 

I did exchanges with Elder T. It was super fun. I like that guy a lot. Hope he has another fun transfer in Contreras. My comp and I learned a lot from each other. I am grateful I had him. 

Well I think that is all. I love you all so much. This work is true. It is so true. Keep doing work. Keep working with people that have rejected the invitation. Help them feels Gods love for them. Bring new souls to the Church of Jesus Christ so that they can reach their full potential. LOVE YA ALLLL. I will let you know next week where I am and what I am doing. That’s exciting.... ha...oh and shout out to Papa MAC FOR YOUR BDAY. I.LOVE.YOUUUUUU





CON AMOR INFINITO,
Elder Macdonald

I love when babies spill sugar on my shoes.

KFC

The new Cokes are awesome. MATEO. and that's my friend J.

my favorite couple



saying goodbye


No comments:

Post a Comment